USHLBE Eligibility Criteria
The Criteria for Accreditation are the standards of quality by which the evaluation commissioners conclude whether an institution merits accreditation or reaffirmation of accreditation. International Accreditation Organization Criteria is prepared on mutual agreements and discussions by USHLBE team and evaluation agents. The criterion are broad and flexible enough to allow for diversity and innovation as every institute differs from one another in terms of unlike philosophical foundations, rules and regulations, distinct human culture and purposes of foundation. They are also precise enough to ensure that critical characteristics of adequate quality are incorporated in the statements.
The institute/s applying for accreditation must fall eligible, meeting all the requirements mentioned below:
1. The applicant should be an educational establishment that:
- Formally enrolls students and maintains student records
- Retains a qualified faculty to service students
- Transmits to students organized instructional materials
- Provides continuous two-way communication on student work, e.g., evaluating students’ examinations, projects, and/or answering queries, with prompt feedback given to students
2. The educational establishment can be of the following types:
- Higher Education Universities and Institutes
- E-Learning/Distance Learning Universities and Institutes
- Career Colleges & Schools
- K-12 Schools
- Faculty individuals can also be accredited
3. The institute/ university should offer:
- Degree Programs
- Associate’s degree
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree
- Doctorate degree
- Diploma Programs
- Undergraduate Diploma
- Graduate Diploma
- Certificate Programs
- Undergraduate Course Certificate
- Undergraduate Certificate
- Graduate Course Certificate
- Graduate Certificate
4. It also offers education and training other than that required for academic credentials.
5. The applicant educational institution is financially sound and will continue to provide services to the students.
6. It is duly licensed, authorized and approved by the applicable state educational institutional authority (or its equivalent for non-U.S. institutions). The institution must also be in compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal requirements.
7. The applicant institute’s name is free from any illegal actions and unethical conduct.
8. The institution, the institution’s owners, governing board members, and administrators possess sound reputations and show a record of integrity and ethical conduct in their professional activities, business operations, and relations. The owners, board members and executive staff must have records free from any association with any misfeasance, including, but not limited to, owning, managing or controlling any educational institutions that have entered bankruptcy or have closed with students having been disadvantaged as a result.
9. The institution’s “Application for Accreditation” must be complete in all respects.
Reasons for Rejection of Application
The Commission may not accept an application from an institution, if the institution is unable to show that it can meet USHLBE standards concerning the qualifications of the institution’s owners, governing board members and administrator, or financial responsibility. In the event the Accrediting Commission does not accept an application for one or both of these reasons, the decision would be appealable.
In addition, the Commission reserves the right to not accept an application from an institution, if travel conditions or security concerns in that country are perceived by the Commission to be unsafe. This decision would not be appealable.
The failure of one education program and/or division to apply for or achieve accreditation within a time frame set by the Commission does not render all education programs or divisions are considered ineligible for accreditation.